I love these scallion biscuits and they have come to be a client favorite too.
I first started making these with butter and sharp cheddar cheese but over the years have made them completely vegan. I’ve even made them gluten-free for people that requested it. Bob’s Red Bill Gluten-free 1 to 1 Baking Mix works great.
Each iteration is better as the vegan community has come up with higher quality dairy alternatives. Use the best options you have in your area!
I’ve made these scallion biscuits for friends, family, clients, and even for charity bake sales where people are hungry for a savory option. They were a favorite at Austin Bakes! And I’m finally sharing the recipe with you!
I still am offering these for purchase via my Cottage Bakery.
$15 a dozen made with Miyoko’s cultured butter! Email me
info @ chefveggie . com (intentionally spaced out to prevent SPAM, thanks!)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- large bowl
- cutting board
- mixing spoon
- dry and liquid measuring cups
- 2 cups all purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour replacement
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegan butter I like Miyoko's
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (soy, almond, hemp)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Using a knife and cutting board, slice 2-3 scallions/green onions and set aside.
- Measure flour into a large bowl. Add salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix.
- Melt vegan butter in a small pot and put aside.
- Measure 1 cup of non-dairy milk in a liquid measuring cup and add apple cider vinegar and mix. Then add this liquid to your melted butter.
- Add cheese and scallions to the bowl with the flour and mix.
- Then add the butter and milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet and using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out the biscuit dough on to the baking sheet. You should have enough for about 12 biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
This post contains links to other websites, including Amazon.com. If you make a purchase, I may receive compensation. Thanks for your support!