This is the easiest, vegan gravy to make. Seriously, I’ve been making this for over 15 years and I know you will love it!
You ask, “What makes it so easy Cristina?”
Well, you really only need one size measuring cup (that darling little 1/4 cup!), a small saucepan, and whisk. Once you realize that you are measuring only 1/4 cup of the ingredients, it will be easy to make this from scratch every time you want a savory gravy. You may even memorize it like I have!
Perfect for the holidays!
I love to put this on mashed potatoes and baked tofu.
It’s perfect for Thanksgiving and any winter holiday meal.
This gravy is nut-free, can be made gluten-free, and contains no mushrooms. It’s rich and a light brown color.
Let’s get right to it with the recipe!
One-Fourth Cup Gravy
- 1/4 measuring cup
- 1/4 cup oil avocado or olive
- 1/4 cup AP flour use rice flour or GF flour if Gluten-Free
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup tamari use low sodium version
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups water
- Have all of your ingredients nearby and be ready to measure.Place saucepan on the stove on medium-high heat.
- Add oil and then the flour. Stir the flour until it is no longer raw.
- Add tahini and stir. Add the nutritional yeast.
- Then add the tamari. The mixture will sputter and then thicken.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and stir with the whisk, breaking up any lumps and making a smooth paste.
- You can lower the heat. Continue to stir and add 1/4 cup of water at a time until you have the thickness of gravy you like.
- The gravy will thicken as it cools.
I hope you feel stoked about making this gravy for your next feast. Lots of family members and clients love this gravy and I know that you will too!
The photo is of a Thanksgiving plate I made during one of the times we actually didn’t go camping. Interested in our vegan Thanksgiving backpacking trips? Check out our Smokey Mountain Snow Trip