Green Split Pea Veggie Soup
A vegan soup featuring local veggies and Herbes De Provence
- 1 TBSP avocado or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into half moons 1/3 in
- 16 oz bag of organic split peas
- 3 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 bunch kale, curly or lacinato ribs removed, sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup other veggies kolrabi, turnips, parsnips, sweet potato
- 6-8 cups water
- 1-2 tsp salt
- parsley for garnish
Heat pot (put on medium high or on Saute for Instant Pot)
Add oil and then the onions. Cook until translucent.
Add the rest of the ingredients, except the parsley.
Pressure cook on high for 8-10 minutes.
Let pressure come down naturally. Serve soup in bowls with crusty bread or whole grain crackers. Garnish with fresh parsley.