In our family, my husband is the gardener/farmer and I’m the harvester and cook (except when it comes to PIZZA).
Here’s a picture of him from this past Memorial Day with a BBQ pizza he made on our Weber grill and Emile Henry Pizza Stone.
We used Beyond Meat’s Chicken-Free Strips – Grilled and were quite surprised by the flavor. Another vegetarian friend said
it tasted a little too much like chicken.
Back to tomatoes….All of the lovely rain and the glimpses of a hot summer to come have made our tomato plants thrive. We have Sweet 100 cherry, Juliette (it a is cute small Roma like tomato), Sungold, Patio, Lemonboy, Purple Cherokee, Better Boy, and Early Girl.
We are weighing our harvests and already have over 7 lbs so far of the cherry, Juliette and Patio.
If you are having a cherry tomato explosion and don’t feel like canning or just eating them in salads, this is a great way to use them.
Oven roasted tomatoes make a great side dish, are awesome on pizza and in hot sandwiches, on fresh bread, and in pasta.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- grape tomatoes
- cherry tomatoes
- pear tomatoes
- olive oil
- optional: herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.(I used a toaster oven)
- Wash tomatoes and remove stems. Dry thoroughly.
- Take a ceramic or glass Pyrex dish and fill with one layer of tomatoes.
- Coat tomatoes with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Place dish in oven for 20-25 minutes depending on the number of tomatoes.
- The tomatoes should all have popped and begun to caramelize on top.
- Cook as long as you like but be careful not to burn the tops.
- Serve immediately. As for leftovers, we never have any!